Manual Driving Lessons in Eltham
Selecting Between Manual and Automatic License Options.
Within Victoria, the type of driver’s license you opt for has consequences on what you can drive during probation. Selecting an automatic license restricts you to driving only automatic transmission cars throughout the P1 and P2 license stages.
While you are then legally able to drive a manual car once you proceed to a full license, many new drivers find the extra requirements of a manual vehicle challenging without having completed a learning period under guidance with a qualified driving instructor.
By learning to drive in a manual car, you’ll be able to operate both manual and automatic vehicles on both probationary and full licenses.
Many new drivers will choose to learn to drive an automatic because it is easier to learn and can be quicker to master. For a learner attempting to navigate traffic, road rules and varied driving conditions this can take away an additional level of complexity. While this may be easier in the short term, there are a number of reasons having a manual license will provide long term benefits and flexibility.
The Perks of Taking Manual Driving Lessons
- Learning in a manual car offers the guidance of a skilled driving instructor, helping you understand not only the driving techniques but also the functionality and operation of a manual vehicle
- Avoid the need to upskill or pay for additional lessons once on your full license if you decide to drive a manual car
- Possessing a manual license opens up more possibilities in buying (or renting) a vehicle, plus the adaptability of being able to handle both manual and automatic cars.
- A manual vehicle enables enhanced control of your driving, and a closer connection to how your car performs
- Manual cars can provide greater fuel efficiency and are often cheaper to maintain.
- The enhanced control over their vehicle often leads manual drivers to feel more confident when driving
Learning to Drive a Manual with Hi-Way Driving School
The driving instructors at Hi-Way Driving School are experienced and fully qualified to teach new drivers in manual vehicles. Our driver training vehicles are modern, safe, and equipped with dual controls, guaranteeing a secure and confident learning experience.
Our instructors are patient and adept at customising lessons according to your unique needs and learning approach, ensuring an optimal learning experience. We focus on building your confidence in handling a manual car and developing your road navigation skills.
Learn manual driving in Melbourne’s Northern Suburbs, including [suburb].
Book your lesson with Hi-Way Driving School today by calling 03 9467 5999.
Book A Driving Lesson in Eltham
Reach out to us at 9467 5999 to chat with our friendly driver training team, or just fill in your details in the form on the right, and we’ll get back to you promptly.