Manual Driving Lessons in Heidelberg
Choosing Between a Manual and Automatic License.
In Victoria, the driver’s license type you choose affects the vehicles you can drive on a probationary license. An automatic license will limit you to cars with automatic transmission during the P1 and P2 phases.
While you are then legally able to drive a manual car once you proceed to a full license, many new drivers find the extra requirements of a manual vehicle challenging without having completed a learning period under guidance with a qualified driving instructor.
By learning to drive in a manual car, you’ll be able to operate both manual and automatic vehicles on both probationary and full licenses.
Many new drivers will choose to learn to drive an automatic because it is easier to learn and can be quicker to master. For a learner attempting to navigate traffic, road rules and varied driving conditions this can take away an additional level of complexity. While this may be easier in the short term, there are a number of reasons having a manual license will provide long term benefits and flexibility.
The Benefits of Manual Driving Lessons
- Learning in a manual vehicle provides the support of a qualified driving instructor, as you learn to drive. Your instructor can provide education on driving skills as well as how to understand the function and performance of your manual car
- Bypass the requirement to further your skills or spend on extra lessons after obtaining your full license if you choose to drive a manual car
- Having a manual license provides more options in buying (or renting) a vehicle as well as the flexibility of being able to drive both manual and automatic cars
- Driving a manual car provides greater control and helps you to be more connected with your vehicle’s performance
- A manual car can be more fuel efficient and less costly to maintain
- Manual drivers often feel more confident on the road due to having greater control over their vehicle
Discover Manual Driving with Hi-Way Driving School
Our driving instructors at Hi-Way Driving School are fully qualified and experienced in teaching new drivers in manual vehicles. Our driver training vehicles are modern, safe and have dual control capability, ensuring you feel safe and confident during your lessons.
Our instructors are patient and adept at customising lessons according to your unique needs and learning approach, ensuring an optimal learning experience. We focus on building your confidence in handling a manual car and developing your road navigation skills.
Discover manual driving lessons in [suburb] and throughout Melbourne’s Northern Suburbs.
Schedule a lesson with Hi-Way Driving School today at 03 9467 5999.
Book A Driving Lesson in Heidelberg
Call 9467 5999 to speak with our friendly driver training team or simply input your details into the form to the right, and we’ll reach out to you at the earliest opportunity.