Manual Driving Lessons in Mill Park
Selecting Between Manual and Automatic License Options.
Within Victoria, the type of driver’s license you opt for has consequences on what you can drive during probation. Selecting an automatic license restricts you to driving only automatic transmission cars throughout the P1 and P2 license stages.
Once you progress to a full license, you are legally permitted to drive a manual car, yet many new drivers struggle with the added complexity of manual driving without proper training and guidance from a qualified instructor.
If you learn to drive a manual car, you have the flexibility to drive both manual and automatic vehicles during your probationary and full license periods.
Many new drivers will choose to learn to drive an automatic because it is easier to learn and can be quicker to master. For a learner attempting to navigate traffic, road rules and varied driving conditions this can take away an additional level of complexity. While this may be easier in the short term, there are a number of reasons having a manual license will provide long term benefits and flexibility.
The Advantages of Learning Manual Driving
- Learning in a manual vehicle provides the support of a qualified driving instructor, as you learn to drive. Your instructor can provide education on driving skills as well as how to understand the function and performance of your manual car
- Avoid the need to upskill or pay for additional lessons once on your full license if you decide to drive a manual car
- With a manual license, you gain more choices when purchasing (or hiring) a vehicle, along with the versatility to drive both manual and automatic vehicles
- A manual car allows more control over your driving as well as being more in tune with the performance of your vehicle
- A manual car can be more fuel efficient and less costly to maintain
- The enhanced control over their vehicle often leads manual drivers to feel more confident when driving
Discover Manual Driving with Hi-Way Driving School
At Hi-Way Driving School, our instructors are skilled and certified in teaching new drivers in manual vehicles. Our driver training vehicles are contemporary, safe, and equipped with dual controls, providing a secure and confident learning environment.
Our instructors are known for their patience and ability to tailor lessons to your specific needs and learning style, ensuring you receive the best possible learning journey. We work on building your confidence in handling a manual car and honing your road navigation skills.
Learn manual driving in Melbourne’s Northern Suburbs, including [suburb].
Book your lesson with Hi-Way Driving School today by calling 03 9467 5999.
Book A Driving Lesson in Mill Park
Call us on 9467 5999 and talk to our approachable driver training staff, or enter your information in the form to the right, and we’ll contact you promptly.