Manual Driving Lessons in St Helena
Choosing Between a Manual and Automatic License.
In Victoria’s licensing system, your choice between a manual and automatic license will determine the cars you can drive while on probation. An automatic license means you’ll be restricted to automatic vehicles during your P1 and P2 periods.
Once you progress to a full license, you are legally permitted to drive a manual car, yet many new drivers struggle with the added complexity of manual driving without proper training and guidance from a qualified instructor.
Learning to drive in a manual car gives you the option to drive either a manual or automatic vehicle on both your probationary and full license.
Many novice drivers lean towards learning an automatic, as it’s easier to grasp and usually quicker to get the hang of. This makes handling traffic, road laws, and diverse driving circumstances less complex. While it might seem preferable at first, having a manual license brings lasting benefits and adaptability.
The Advantages of Learning Manual Driving
- Learning in a manual car offers the guidance of a skilled driving instructor, helping you understand not only the driving techniques but also the functionality and operation of a manual vehicle
- Avoid the need to upskill or pay for additional lessons once on your full license if you decide to drive a manual car
- Having a manual license provides more options in buying (or renting) a vehicle as well as the flexibility of being able to drive both manual and automatic cars
- Driving a manual car provides greater control and helps you to be more connected with your vehicle’s performance
- A manual car can be more fuel efficient and less costly to maintain
- Manual drivers often feel more confident on the road due to having greater control over their vehicle
Manual Driving Lessons at Hi-Way Driving School
Our driving instructors at Hi-Way Driving School are fully qualified and experienced in teaching new drivers in manual vehicles. Our driver training vehicles are modern, safe and have dual control capability, ensuring you feel safe and confident during your lessons.
Our instructors are patient and can tailor your lessons to your individual needs and learning style to give you the best experience possible while learning to drive. We help you become confident with the operation of a manual car as well as teaching you to navigate the road with ease.
Discover manual driving lessons in [suburb] and throughout Melbourne’s Northern Suburbs.
Book your lesson with Hi-Way Driving School today by calling 03 9467 5999.
Book A Driving Lesson in St Helena
Call 9467 5999 to speak with our friendly driver training team or simply input your details into the form to the right, and we’ll reach out to you at the earliest opportunity.